Prerequisite: AutoCAD Fundamentals is an asset.
This course is designed to teach you the Autodesk Revit functionality as it is used in the Architectural field. Autodesk Revit is used to design buildings throughout the world. You begin by learning the user interface and then the relative design tools to build building models. Finally you will learn how to create construction documents from the models.
The following topics will be covered
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Creating component-based and custom stairs.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
Evening Sessions Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 6:00pm – 9:00pm