AutoCAD Fundamentals I
Prerequisite: Strong computer skills, high school math.
The objective of the AutoCAD Fundamentals I course is to enable you to understand the basic operation of AutoCAD including the ability to use the basic commands and functions of the software to draw production quality 2D drawings. This course will teach the fundamental operations of AutoCAD by introducing some basic tools to enable the student to create and edit simple drawings. More advanced tools will be introduced along the way throughout the course.
The following topics will be covered:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensioning.